Ready to upgrade your caffeine fix? Coffee need not be drank solo, as it can be perfect with other ingredients. If you are a purist for coffee, do try other coffee recipes as it can expand your relationship with coffee. Coffee combines well with other things, as long as you know how to play around with the ingredients.
Here are just a few no-fail coffee recipes you can make at home. Enjoy and may you prosper with coffee every day!
Recipe 1: Irish Coffee Delight
Coffee as fresh as the sunrise tastes great with the addition of Irish whiskey. Topped with Irish cream, and you have a winner. This delightful beverage is perfect for any occasion or as a pick me up at any time during the day.
Preparation Time: 2 minutes
– I cup hot brewed coffee
– I Jigger Irish Whiskey (1.5 ounces)
– 1 Jigger Irish Cream Liqueur (1.5 ounces)
– 1 dash ground nutmeg
– Whipped cream
- Mix Irish whiskey and Irish cream in a large mug.
- Then fill the mug with hot brewed coffee.
- Top the Irish coffee with whipped cream.
- Finish off with a dash of nutmeg. Enjoy!
Recipe 2: Coffee and Chocolate Kiss
Coffee gets an extra kick when combined with sweetness. This coffee recipe is perfect for coffee lovers who also have a sweet tooth. Make this one whenever you need to have that comfort food in a drink.
Preparation Time: 2 minutes
– 1 cup hot brewed coffee
– 0.75 fluid ounce Irish cream liqueur
– 0.5 fluid ounce crème de cacao liqueur
– 0.75 fluid ounce coffee liqueur
– 1.5 fluid ounces chocolate syrup
– 1 teaspoon orange liqueur (brandy-based)
– 2 tablespoons whipped cream
– 1 cherry
- Mix coffee liqueur, crème de cacao, orange liqueur, and coffee liqueur in a coffee mug.
- Then add hot coffee to the mixture.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream to the coffee.
- Add a drizzle of chocolate syrup on top of the whipped cream.
- Finish off with a piece of cherry as garnish.
Recipe 3: Homemade Coffee Liqueur
People usually drink coffee after a session of drinking, but did you know that you can combine coffee and alcohol as a stylish drink? Coffee gets that extra oomph with vodka on this recipe (or vodka gets that oomph with coffee, rather).
Preparation Time: 1 hour
(Nutritional Info: 169 kcal, 0 grams fat, 25.5 grams carbohydrates, 0.1 grams protein, less than 1 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol)
– ¾ cup instant coffee granules
– 4 cups vodka
– 4 cups water
– 4 cups white sugar
– 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Place a saucepan over medium heat.
- Mix sugar and water in the heated saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer the sugar mixture for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add instant coffee. Stir the mixture gently.
- Allow the coffee and sugar mixture to cool for a few minutes.
- When the coffee mixture is cool, add in vodka and vanilla extract. Stir everything well.
- Pour the coffee liqueur into clean glass bottles.
- Close the coffee liqueur bottles tightly and store in a cabinet or any cool dark place.
- Drink the coffee liqueur as is or as an addition to any recipe which needs coffee liqueur.
Do you have any coffee recipe you would like to share? Coffee tastes better when it is enjoyed with other people. Comment your recipe ideas below to share the love!